Westmeads Community Infant School
School Development Plan 2016-17
1. Effectiveness of Leadership & Management
• To ensure that leaders at all levels have an accurate understanding of the school’s effectiveness and focus on the impact of their actions in key areas
• To widen our involvement in supporting other schools in the Coastal Alliance and further afield
2. Quality of Teaching, Learning & Assessment
To refine assessment systems across the school to give a clear account of children’s progress and identify any areas for improvement
• To review the teaching of reading across the school to ensure that all groups make good progress
• To ensure that support for all groups of children by teachers and teaching assistants narrows the differences in children’s learning
3. Personal development, Behaviour & Welfare
• To ensure that staff have high expectations of achievement and behaviour for all groups of children, e.g. boys, girls, Pupil Premium, children with English as an Additional Language and summer born children.
4. Outcomes for Pupils
• To narrow the differences for all groups of learners in all year groups and ensure that interventions are having high impact.
• To maintain the current high standards of achievement and progress.
Head teacher: Helen Lambirth
Chair of Governors: Nicky Farmer
School Improvement Adviser: Tammy Mitchell
This review and plan was written in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team, staff and governors.