Westmeads Community Infant School
School Development Priorities 2018-19
1. Effectiveness of Leadership & Management
- To ensure that leaders at all levels have an accurate understanding of the school’s effectiveness and focus on the impact of their actions in key areas
- To widen our involvement in supporting other schools in the Coastal Alliance and further afield
2. Quality of Teaching, Learning & Assessment
- To embed updated assessment systems across the school to give a clear account of children’s progress and identify any areas for improvement
- To review the teaching of reading across the school to ensure that all groups make good or better progress
- To ensure that support and interventions for all groups of children by teachers and teaching assistants narrows the differences in children’s learning
3. Personal development, Behaviour & Welfare
- To maintain our high expectations for attendance and review our practice
- To further develop the work of the Rainbow (Well-being) Team to support vulnerable families and children
4. Outcomes for Pupils
- To diminish the differences for all groups of learners in all year groups and ensure that interventions are having high impact.
- To maintain the current high standards of achievement and progress.
- To ensure that our curriculum a wide range of opportunities for all children.
Head teacher: Helen Lambirth
Chair of Governors: Heather Sheppard
School Improvement Adviser: Helena Evans
These priorities were written in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team, staff and governors.